You probably also had many many various potato gratins in life, mostly they taste very good when you’re out for dinner, but at home, it never turns out the way the “professionals” make it.
I found a way to be oh so satisfied with the outcome, the recipe is absolutely tasty and I hope you guys try it sometime.
Isn’t it great? The orangy cheddar cheese, ohmy…
- Prep Time 10-12 minutes
- Cook Time1 hour
- Difficulty Easy
- 4-6 Potatoes, cleaned
- 1-½ cup cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons flour
- ½ cups whole milk
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Smear butter on the bottom of a baking dish.
- 3. Slice potatoes, then cut slices into fourths, just the way you might want to, I just like to do that.
- 4. Whisk together, milk, flour, cream, garlic, salt and pepper in a seperate bowl.
- 5. 1/3 of the potatoes go to the bottom of the baking dish. Then pour 1/3 of the cream mixture over them.
- 6. Repeat that twice and end with the cream mixture/sauce. Cover everything with foil and bake it for good 30 minutes.
- 7. Then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes, until potatoes get brown bubbling. Add cheese to the top of the potatoes and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes or longer, just the way you like it, me personally I bake it until it is all golden brown, the look of it is just so great too.
Et voila…have a good meal..and let me know how it was :-)