I have been baking cornbread quite often recently, it is SO easy to make and instead of buying bread in the grocery store with all these ingredients we don’t know a lot about or don’t really have a clue as to what they are, why not just bake bread yourself?
Easy, healthy and sooo tasty! Many people don’t make stuff on their own; decades ago it was so normal to bake daily, to cook daily. Of course things have changed; mommys go to work now, have careers etc.
But still, there are people who can manage cooking, baking and work.
It’s just a matter of will power and the right attitude. Of course it is easy to just take something out of the freezer and into the oven and voila, in 15 minutes you have a “meal”. And of course I can’t deny that I do love soulfood every once in a while, it does not harm you when you don’t eat it every day. But on a daily basis, it is important to do our body something good, especially when we’re under stress because of work.
Changing habits is possible, it just takes effort. Once you got used to your NEW habit, such as…baking bread instead of buying it, it becomes normal, just like your previous habit: buying bread in the grocery store.
Understand what I am trying to tutor here??
You need a powerful mind, don’t let yourself be controlled by your emotions and your cravings, or the lazy part of yourself. You can do better than that.
So here we go, a great and easy recipe for golden and sweet cornbread. Amen.
Check the recipe out here:
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 20-25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (or 200 degrees Celsius).
2. Spray or grease a 9 inch round cake pan. Or a pan that I used, that took longer than 25minutes though, because the dough was higher. So definitely make the toothpick test :-)
3. Now, in a large bowl, combine the flour, yellow cornmeal, salt, sugar and baking powder.
4. Stir in the egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined and mixed.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake in your already preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (importanteeee) :-)
This is it! Short but OH SO YUMMY! Its so great to take to work or to share with friends during a meal. Hope you’re going to try it. And if you do, let me know what you thought of the recipe?
Happy Baking!! :-)