Easter is just around the corner, guys.
And for those of you who do not have time to create beautiful masterpieces of dessert I have something oh so easy for you:
Simple Easter Egg Cake Pops
They can be made by anyone, no difficult decorating steps necessary. But: they still look cute.
Let’s do it.
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Baking Time 20 minutes in refrigerator
- Difficulty Easy
For the Cake Pops:
- Please prepare your cake pops as you normally do or use the ingredients and follow these instructions for the OREO kind:
- 1 package OREO cookies or for Europeans: 3 and a half packages a 176g
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese (I use 176g packages, 6.2 ounces)
- Lollipop Sticks
- candy melts (color of your choice)
- Sugar Heart Sprinkles or any other sprinkles of your choice for decorating
- Sugar Icing Flowers for decorating (or make your own fondant/gumpaste flowers)
- Parchment paper (for cake pops to dry)
Additional Items you may want to get, makes a nice gift:
- Now we are all set and ready to get started: Prepare yourself before you actually start.
Get everything out on the counter you need, so you do not stress yourself in the middle of the decorating process.
- 1. Now, make the NO BAKE Cake Pops: Grind your OREO cookies to fine crumbs in a Food Processor
- 2. Put the crumbmix into a boal and hand mix with cream cheese. I use gloves though, because it gets messy. Especially when you have longer nails. So just use gloves, or when you have kids, I am sure they would love to help you with this step.
- 3. Keep in mind that the dough should have the consistency of play-dough.
- 4. Roll the dough into egg shapes, then refrigerate them for at least 10 minutes to firm up.
- 5. Now melt your candy melts (color of your choice, pastel colors are perfect for Easter). If your candy melts are too thick, just a little bit of vegetable oil to it – please read my Troubleshooting Guide for Cake Pops in case you need more help.
- 6. Dip a little bit of the Lollipop Stick into the melted candy, then stick the Lollipop Stick in the Cake Pop’s top (half way).
Let the Pops rest a bit on a sheet of parchment paper so the candy melts set within the cake pop.
- 7. Now dip the Cake Pop in the candy melts, shake off all the excess and then place the cake pop on your sheet of parchment paper to dry. Repeat with all cake pops.
- 8. Now it is time to decorate your Easter Cake Pops. Attach small hearts and flowers using tweezers to your cake pop, use candy melts as glue. Repeat this step with all of your cake pops. You can take any sprinkles etc. to decorate your very own personal Easter Cake Pops.
- 9. When you are done decorating and when cake pops are dry, you can place them in tiny buckets (you can get them at craft stores) filled with regular sugar. That gives them a cute look on your Easter Table.
And there you go – A very very simple way to create Easter Egg Cake Pops for you and your family’s Easter Brunch.
Have fun making these.
Many blessings and until next time,