I LOVE pasta, just like so many other people. I am always on the look out for new pasta recipes and I recently found a GREAT recipe from Karly’s blog: Buns In My Oven.
I immediately knew: I HAVE TO TRY THIS ONE! :-)
As you can see in the pictures, it does not matter what type of pasta you use, either Fusilli, Penne, Spaghetti…I tried it with almost every pasta I could find haha…Because sometimes you’re in the mood for an explicit kind of pasta! Know that feeling?
Whatever pasta kind you like, take it and try this great recipe! :-)
Here’s the recipe for this delicious pasta recipe, adapted from “Buns In My Oven”:
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 1 pound penne pasta or any other kind you prefer
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, or 2 heads
- 3-5 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup (115g) butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- grilled chicken if you want, not necessary
1. Bring a large stock pot of water to a rolling boil. Boil pasta according to package directions.
2. While the pasta is boiling, fry the diced bacon until crisp. Add in the broccoli florets and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until they are tender-crisp.
3. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, add the butter and heavy cream until heated through and butter is melted.
4. Add in the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until the cheese is thoroughly melted and sauce is a smooth, creamy consistency.
5. Drain pasta when done and add to a large serving bowl. Pour in the bacon and broccoli and toss it in with the penne.
6. Pour the Alfredo sauce over top of the penne and stir until well combined.
7. Serve topped with sliced grilled chicken, if desired.
A great tip too:
If you’re vegetarian, just leave out the bacon and you will get to experience an awesome meal :-)
Enjoy!! Let me know how you liked it please :)
Thanks Karly! Love this recipe!