finally I can say: HAPPY FRIDAY!
I hope you guys have something nice planned for the weekend?
Well I actually planned to do some baking for my mom’s birthday (and mine, our birthdays are on the SAME day, amazing right?!) which is next Tuesday, July 12th.
My mom is special. So special that I needed to be a millionaire to buy her all the things that express my deep love for her. But, it is not about materialism here. Its about emotions. But I will write another blog post when the birthday is over :-)
I will write down the recipe again so you do not have to switch between the blogposts.
Click MORE for more, please.
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Baking Time 10 minutes in refrigerator
- Difficulty Easy
For the Cake Pops:
- 1 package OREO cookies
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese
- Candy Melts (red) – I use Merckens Candy Melts
- Sanding sugar for decorating
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Lollipop Sticks
- Lollipop plastic covers
- ribbon for tying
Additional Items you may want to get:
- 1. Grind Oreo Cookies to fine crumbs in a food processor
- 2. Put the crumbmix into a boal and hand mix with cream cheese.
- 3. The dough should have a consistency of play-dough
- 4. Roll dough into 1? balls or bigger, depends on the cookie cutter you use, then refrigerate them for at least 10 minutes
- 5. Now melt your candy wafers.
- 6. Take a cake ball and squeeze it into the cookie cutter, take it out carefully and then form it a little bit to get your desired heart shape.
- 7. Note: Once you dipped it in the chocolate, it will look much much better.
- 8. dip a little bit of the lollipop stick in the melted candy, then stick the lollipop stick in the heart shaped cake ball and dip the cake ball in the melted candy wafers.
- 9. Now sanding sugar etc. to decorate (dont wait too long, otherwise it won’t stick to the base)
- 10. When you’re done, put it in a styrofoam block to dry completely
- 11. And now: Have fun decorating and enjoying these cute Cake Pops :-)
Note: These are GREAT for Valentines Day or Mothers Day, or whenever you want to surprise your loved one with something YOU made.
I used Merckens Candy Melts and sanding sugar from this shop: The Cake Decorating Company.
Such an awesome online shop and a wonderful service too! Love it.
See more pictures here.
Have fun making these Heart Cake Pops, at least I hope you will?!