I hope you are enjoying Spring as much as I do – besides my hay fever allergy, I hope you do not have to cope with this!
The sun is finally shining, guys!
Why not make some very simple flower & butterfly cake pops, maybe even for Mother’s Day which is very soon!
These Upside Down Pops are really easy to make and absolutely great for Spring Dessert Tables.
Let’s get it started with a little bit of Spring feeling in your kitchen! It’s about to happen :)
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Baking Time 20 minutes in refrigerator
- Difficulty Easy
For the Cake Pops:
- Please prepare your cake pops as you normally do or use the ingredients and follow these instructions for the OREO kind:
- 1 package OREO cookies or for Europeans: 3 and a half packages a 176g
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese (I use 176g packages, 6.2 ounces)
- Lollipop Sticks
- candy melts (color of your choice)
- white nonpareils + bowl
- pink or yellow sanding sugar + bowl
- Sugar Icing Flowers for decorating (or make your own fondant/gumpaste flowers)
- Parchment paper (for cake pops to dry)
Additional Items you may want to get, makes a nice gift:
- Now we are all set and ready to get started: Prepare yourself before you actually start.
Get everything out on the counter you need, so you do not stress yourself in the middle of the decorating process.
- 1. Now, make the NO BAKE Cake Pops: Grind your OREO cookies to fine crumbs in a Food Processor
- 2. Put the crumbmix into a boal and hand mix with cream cheese. I use gloves though, because it gets messy. Especially when you have longer nails. So just use gloves, or when you have kids, I am sure they would love to help you with this step.
- 3. Keep in mind that the dough should have the consistency of play-dough.
- 4. Roll the dough into balls (I usually weigh them, 20g each), then refrigerate them for at least 10 minutes to firm up.
- 5. Now melt your candy melts (color of your choice). If your candy melts are too thick, just a little bit of vegetable oil to it – please read my Troubleshooting Guide for Cake Pops in case you need more help.
- 6. Dip a little bit of the Lollipop Stick into the melted candy, then stick the Lollipop Stick in the Cake Pop’s top (half way).
Let the Pops rest a bit on a sheet of parchment paper so the candy melts set within the cake pop.
- 7. Now dip the Cake Pop in the candy melts, shake off all the excess, sprinkle nonpareils on the pop and then place the cake pop on your sheet of parchment paper to dry. Repeat with all cake pops.
- 8. Dip the cake pops bottom into the white candy melts, it is your choice how high you want the bottom to be; then immediately sprinkle pink or yellow sanding sugar all around the bottom border of the cake pop (over a bowl) and put the cake pop back on the sheet of parchment paper.
- 9. Now the final decorating part: Attaching the flowers, use a little bit of candy melts (glue) and attach the flowers on the cake pop.
When you are done decorating, when cake pops are dry, you can display them on a cute plate all lined up in two or three rows.
And you are done. Spring Cake Pops!
So simple, yet so cute. Anyone can do this!
Perfect as a Mother’s Day or Valentine’s gift as well. Or for a summer, spring like party!
Absolutely great for a Candy Bar (click here for my Spring Dessert Table) as well!
Have fun making these.
Many blessings and until next time,