what could be nicer than giving your mom a little pleasure?
Mother’s Day is a great opportunity to do so, even though I like to surprise my mom on any day, totally unexpected – because I love the look on my mom’s face whenever I surprise her, it melts my heart.
She already got her Mother’s Day gift in April, so now, she probably won’t expect anything else – ohh what a wrong thought :)
For this year’s Mother’s Day, let your “heart” speak in a “sweet” way.
Vanilla Cupcakes, buttercream cream cheese frosting decorated with a candy heart,
that’s all your mothers need to know, they will get the message :)
Let’s do this:
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Baking Time 12-15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
For the Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Frosting of your choice or click here for recipes
- For Decorating: big candy hearts in red or various colors
- Large round decorating tip to frost the cupcakes
For more cupcake decorating tips and techniques, please click here.
Additional Items you may want to get, makes a nice gift:
- extra cupcake liners
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees / 180 G Celsius and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake liners of your choice.
- 2. Pour together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- 3. Add 1/2 teaspoon vinegar to the milk and set aside for about 3-5 minutes.
- 4. In another bowl, add the 2 eggs and mix with handmixer. Now pour in the sugar and continue to mix for a minute.
- 5. Now add vanilla extract and vegetable oil and mix.
- 6. On low speed, add half of flour mixture, beat, then add half of milk mixture. Repeat until everything is combined and well mixed. Scrape down sides of the bowl too.
- 7. Now pour the rather thin batter into your cupcake pan and fill up the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- 8. Bake in your preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, I usually reduce the heat after 10 minutes, because my oven tends to get very hot!
And the cupcakes get a nice domed top! If you are not sure whether the cupcakes are ready to take out the oven, use a toothpick, stick in the center of the cupcake, if it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done – nicely domed.
- 9. Let cupcakes cool for a couple of minutes before you remove them from the pan. Let cool completely on a plate or wire rack.
- 10. When completely cooled, you can start frosting them. Check out my marshmallow frosting recipe here.
I hope you will spend time with your mom. She is special.
If you can’t, no matter why; give her a call, text her, think about her, pray for her, anything.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Until next time, sweethearts!