…at least for me.
You guys have no idea how long I have been looking for THE recipe. I absolutely LOVE NY Style Cheesecake, and THIS recipe is the ULTIMATE!
A couple sneak peaks…
This is it. I AM IN LOVE. Seriously…
On the web there are sooo many recipes that promise to be the one.
The best here, the ultimate one there..
Whenever I tried one of those, I could not wait to be done. I love the NY Cheesecake from Starbucks or the ones from New Yorks Cheesecake Factory, but the prices for a slice is ridiculously expensive.
That’s why I just wanted my very own recipe (give thanks to Martha Stewart please, isn’t she awesome?) – and believe me – this one feeds many people and is worth the cost too.
I can already imagine sharing it with my friends who absolutely adore cheesecake too.
This is going to be nice!
It is so rich, you can’t eat that much, which is probably a good thing for our hips anyway :)
Please read on to get the ultimate no-crack New York Cheesecake recipe.
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Baking Time 75min + 1hr + 8hrs in refrigerator (or better: overnight)
- Difficulty Medium
For the Cheesecake’s Crust:
- 11-14 Graham Crackers or any other type of wheat cookies
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- butter for pan (important: room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 pounds (7 eight-ounce packages) philadelphia cream cheese (important: room temperature)
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream (important: room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs (important: room temperature)
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Butter the sides and bottom of a 10-inch springform pan
- 3. Now wrap exterior of the pan (including base) in a double layer of foil.
- 4. To make the crust for the cheesecake, process graham crackers in food processor until fine. Now you can combine the crumbs, the melted butter, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 5. Transfer the mixture to the pan and pat it into a flat layer using the bottom of a glass or meat pounder to make it even.
- 6. Put the springform pan in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Then place it on a baking sheet and bake until the crust is firm, for about 15 minutes. Let the pan cool completely. (with left over cheesecake mix you can also fill cupcakes with cheesecake)
- 7. Now beat Philadelphia (best brand for me!) cream cheese in a large bowl, on medium speed until well combined and fluffy, for about 3 minutes (scrape down the sides too)
- 8. In another large bowl, whisk together the sugar and flour. Set your mixer on low speed and add the sugar mix to the cream cheese. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- 9. Now it is time to add the sour cream and vanilla. Mix again until smooth.
- 10. Add the 5 eggs, one at a time though, beating until they are just combined (do not overbeat)
- 11. Now we are almost done. Pour the cream cheese filling into your springform pan. Place the pan inside a large, roasting pan. My springform pan fit right into it, I did not have much space left :-)
- 12. Carefully pour boiling water into the roasting pan. Pour in halfway up sides of springform pan. This will prevent the cake from cracking. It worked for me. Hopefully for you too.
- 13. Bake for 45 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and continue baking your New York Cheesecake until it is set but still slightly wobbly in the center, another 30 minutes.
- 14. Turn off your oven but leave your cake in oven with the door halfway open for a good hour.
- 15. Now transfer the springform pan to a wire rack and let the cake cool completely. Refrigerate it uncovered overnight. Then you get the best result :-)
- 16. Before you unmold the cake, run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake. And also: When cutting out slices, hold the knife under hot tap water. Dip the knife into hot water and then wipe it on a clean towel before making a new cut. This method will prevent chunks of cake from the previous slice you made from depositing on top of the next slice. I tell you, this is great and it looks really good too.
For the Cheesecake (one 10-inch cake):
Now bake your cake. It is not even that hard. I know it sounds so challeging, to bake your own favourite cheesecake recipe.
Doesn’t it look just amazing?
I finally made it. From now on I will bake variations with this recipe, but certainly won’t try a new NY Cheesecake recipe for a good while. I found mine. Yessir.
I hope you try it out. It is so delicious.
It might not be the one for you, if it isn’t, I’m sorry to hear. But if you are desperately looking for a great NY Cheesecake recipe just like I was, it is definitely worth trying this one out.
Have a good week, I’ll grab me a slice of cake for breakfast now…mhmmmm…