You guys have no idea how long I have been looking for THE recipe. I absolutely LOVE NY-Style Cheesecake, and THIS recipe is the ULTIMATE!
A couple of sneak peaks…
7 years ago I posted this recipe online, and now in 2018, it is still many peoples’ favorite. I appreciate it so much!
The best here, the ultimate one there..
Whenever I tried one of those, I could not wait to be done. I love the NY Cheesecake from Starbucks or the ones from New Yorks Cheesecake Factory, but the prices for a slice is ridiculously expensive.
That’s why I just wanted my very own recipe (give thanks to Martha Stewart please, isn’t she awesome?) – and believe me – this one feeds many people and is worth the cost too.
I can already imagine sharing it with my friends who absolutely adore cheesecake too.
This is going to be nice!
It is so rich, you can’t eat that much, which is probably a good thing for our hips anyway :)
Please read on to get the ultimate no-crack New York Cheesecake recipe.
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Baking Time 75min + 1hr + 8hrs in refrigerator (or better: overnight)
- Difficulty Medium
For the Cheesecake’s Crust:
- 11-14 Graham Crackers or any other type of wheat cookies
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- butter for pan (important: room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 pounds (7 eight-ounce packages) philadelphia cream cheese (important: room temperature)
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream (important: room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs (important: room temperature)
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Butter the sides and bottom of a 10-inch springform pan
- 3. Now wrap exterior of the pan (including base) in a double layer of foil.
- 9. Now it is time to add the sour cream and vanilla. Mix again until smooth.
- 10. Add the 5 eggs, one at a time though, beating until they are just combined (do not overbeat)
- 14. Turn off your oven but leave your cake in oven with the door halfway open for a good hour.
For the Cheesecake (one 10-inch cake):
She made it over 20 times and it came out perfectly. Thanks so much Laura! Here it is:
– 11-14 Graham Crackers
– 6 – 8 tablespoons melted butter
– butter for pan (important: room temperature)
– 4 – 5 “grinds” of sea salt [1 “grind” equals one twist of a salt mill]
– 4 eight-ounce packages Philadelphia cream cheese (important: room temperature)
– 1 1/3 cups (regular or “superfine” sugar
– 1/4 cup all-purpose (or “patisserie”) flour
– 1/2 cup sour cream (important: room temperature)
– 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– 3 large eggs (important: room temperature)
I finally made it. From now on I will bake variations with this recipe, but certainly won’t try a new NY Cheesecake recipe for a good while. I found mine. Yessir.
It might not be the one for you, if it isn’t, I’m sorry to hear. But if you are desperately looking for a great NY Cheesecake recipe just like I was, it is definitely worth trying this one out.
Have a good week, I’ll grab me a slice of cake for breakfast now…mhmmmm…