Happy Monday everyone!
Spring is here and to celebrate it I have some happy little fellas for you on the blog today.
The classic: Smiley Cake Pops!
They were first made by Angie Dudley, Bakerella that is! If you don’t know her, well, you should, since she invented this whole cake pop phenomenon!
Make sure to check her blog out…now…quiiick!
These cuties bring smiles to everyone’s face and the cool thing about them is: They are so easy to make!
My dear friend Anja loved them, I made those for her birthday.
I wrote a detailed tutorial for you guys with many photos, so even cake pop newbies can make them without any problems.
Isn’t he cute? They make me happy just looking at them!
Let’s get started, ladies and gents.
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Baking Time 10 minutes in freezer / 30min in refrigerator
- Difficulty Easy
For the Cake Pops:
- 48 Oreo cookies (the crumbs weigh around 530 grams)
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, you will need half the package, that is 110-120 grams
- microwave safe bowl
- yellow Candy Melts
- Lollipop Sticks
- digital scale to weigh each cake ball (20g)
- Edible Food Pen (Americolor)
– black candy melts + toothpick to put on faces
– black food coloring + thin paintbrush to paint on faces
- Lollipop plastic covers
- ribbon for tying
Additional Items you may want to get:
If problems occur while making cake pops, please read my Cake Pops 101 Troubleshooting Guide – maybe you’ll find the answer to your problem!
- Prepare yourself before you actually start.
Get everything out on the counter you need, so you do not stress yourself in the middle of the decorating process.
- 1. Now, make the NO BAKE Cake Pops: Grind your Oreo cookies to fine crumbs in a food processor
- 2. Put the crumbmix into a boal and hand mix with cream cheese, add it bit by bit. I use disposable gloves, because it gets messy. Especially when you have longer nails, when you have kids, I am sure they would love to help you with this step.
- 3. Keep in mind that the dough should have the consistency of play-dough.
- 4. Roll the dough into 1″ balls or weigh them, which I recommend (20g), then refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes to firm up, or put them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- 5. Now melt your candy wafers in your microwave in 30 seconds intervals.
- 6. Dip a little bit of the lollipop stick in the melted candy, then stick the lollipop stick in the Cake Pop (half way and put the pops back in the refrigerator to firm up so the chocolate can set inside the cake pops. (Especially in summer!)
- 7. Now take your cake pop and dip it in the melted candy melts. Shake off any excess chocolate.
- 8. Repeat this step with all cake pops, put them in a styrofoam block to let them dry completely.
- 9. When completely dry, you can start to paint faces on your yellow cake pops – be creative.
- 10. Have fun decorating and enjoy your Cake Pops and maybe give some away? Happy faces guaranteed!
And you’re done!
No matter how bad your mood is…this is serious sweet medicine right here.
Have fun making these!