Happy Valentine’s Day everybody!!
I wish you and your loved ones a very special and sweet day today.
I like Valentine’s Day, all these awesome decorations, thousands of wonderful bloggers with their fabolous talents showing the sweetest desserts – it’s wonderful!
But to me it’s also very important to care for my loved ones anytime during the year – that’s what makes it special.
I have been busy baking some cute Valentine’s Day Cupcakes.
Enjoy the photos…and the recipe :-)
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Baking Time 12-15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
For the Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- optional: little heart sprinkles for decorating
- optional: red food coloring to color cupcakes
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees / 180 G Celsius and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- 2. Pour together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- 3. Add 1/2 teaspoon vinegar to the milk and set aside for about 3-5 minutes.
- 4. In another bowl, add the 2 eggs and mix with handmixer. Now pour in the sugar and continue to mix for a minute.
- 5. Now add vanilla extract and vegetable oil and mix.
- 6. On low speed, add half of flour mixture, beat, then add half of milk mixture. Repeat until everything is combined and well mixed. Scrape down sides of the bowl too.
- 7. Now pour the rather thin batter into your cupcake pan and fill up the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- 7. Bake in your preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, use a toothpick, stick in the center of the cupcake, if it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- 8. Let cupcakes cool for a couple of minutes before you remove them from the pan. Let cool completely on a plate or wire rack.
- 9. When completely cooled, you can start frosting and decorating them. Here is my one of my favourite frosting recipes. Don’t forget to color your frosting red – it makes such a difference, perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other day where you want to surprise an important person in your life.
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day – Much love from my side of the world :-)