I have been asked by a new german baking & decorating magazine to test it and write it about it on my blog.
Usually I am not a fan of such things.
But when the company sent me the magazine, I changed my mind!
For a german decorating magazine, it is really great.
All inspired by american/english bakers, the photos are incredible and the techniques are perfect as well!
So I agreed to write about it and show my german readers, what it is all about.
The content was not new to me, although the stunning photos would be reason enough to go get the magazine =)
What is so cool about it is, that the magazine contains decorating equipment as well!
So for all newbies and beginners who do not own many decorating tools etc.: This is for you!
The first issue came with a cupcake stand, butterfly cookie cutters and pink glitter from Rainbow Dust.
That’s when I first thought: WOW – They offer an english decorating glitter – You have to know, I have been using Rainbow Dust products for a while but we do not get those here in Germany, so many people just do not know it exists. Our grocery stores offer mostly terrible decor sugar, glitter etc.. IF there is even glitter available. Mostly it is not =)
And where are tools…there are how-to’s!
The magazine offers great decoration tutorials and those are very well written so everyone would be able to make such sweet decorations for cupcakes, cakes and cake pops.
This is the current TV spot:
And of course I would not let you go without a great recipe, what about my alllll time favourite vanilla cupcake recipe – I probably bake it twice a week at least!
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Baking Time 12-15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
For the Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
Additional Items you may want to get, makes a nice gift:
- extra cupcake liners
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees / 180 G Celsius and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake liners of your choice.
- 2. Pour together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- 3. Add 1/2 teaspoon vinegar to the milk and set aside for about 3-5 minutes.
- 4. In another bowl, add the 2 eggs and mix with handmixer. Now pour in the sugar and continue to mix for a minute.
- 5. Now add vanilla extract and vegetable oil and mix.
- 6. On low speed, add half of flour mixture, beat, then add half of milk mixture. Repeat until everything is combined and well mixed. Scrape down sides of the bowl too.
- 7. Now pour the rather thin batter into your cupcake pan and fill up the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- 8. Bake in your preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, I usually reduce the heat after 10 minutes, because my oven tends to get very hot!
And the cupcakes get a nice domed top! If you are not sure whether the cupcakes are ready to take out the oven, use a toothpick, stick in the center of the cupcake, if it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done – nicely domed.
- 9. Let cupcakes cool for a couple of minutes before you remove them from the pan. Let cool completely on a plate or wire rack.
- 10. When completely cooled, you can start frosting them. The marshmallow frosting recipe follows below.
Until next time, sweethearts!