Everyone who likes vanilla cupcakes will definitely LOVE these! Whether with or without animal products, they taste so so good and I can honestly recommend you to try these out.
It is really not hard at all to bake without animal products like eggs or milk. I love trying out new things, to see the bigger picture can be so amazing.
Plus, it’s kind of boring to only bake with milk and eggs, so I thought to try out something new!
You don’t even have to tell your friends and family about the difference of these cupcakes compared to the general ones :)
You will look in happy faces, guaranteed.
I chose to take chia seeds as an egg replacer. I love chia seeds! They are super duper healthy. I put them in my green smoothies each and every day. Plus you can make the yummiest desserts with them such as chocolate chia pudding, heavenly good!
These teeny tiny seeds are so versatile, even the the maya and aztecs knew about it, chia seeds were a very important food crop for them!
Antioxidants, calcium, potassium, iron, omega-3-, omega-6- fatty acids, even the calcium content is 5 times higher than calcium content in milk. Makes you think for sure.
I wanted to tell you about my YouTube Channel – I made a video for this particular recipe so you can see exactly how it’s made.
You will find the video at the bottom of this post. I would be so thrilled if you subscribed to my to my YouTube channel because I am planning to make more videos.
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Baking Time 15-20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
For the very vegan Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2x chia seeds “Egg Replacer” (description below)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plant based mylk, such as almond mylk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. filtered water
- Chia Seeds, grinded
- 1. Grind the chia seeds into a powder in a blender. (I use my beloved Blendtec!)
Grind a larger amount you can use it in the future. Store the powder in an air-tight container.
- 2. Add 2 TBSP of chia seed powder + 6 TBSP of filtered water and whisk. (makes 2 eggs)
Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes, it will get a gooey consistency. This recipe makes 2 Chia Seed “Egg Replacers” :-)
- SO easy and you never have to worry about “fresh or not fresh” eggs anymore. You don’t need them anymore. Being vegan ain’t so bad ;-)
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees / 180 G Celsius and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- 2. Pour together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- 3. Add 1/2 teaspoon vinegar to the mylk and set aside for about 3-5 minutes.
- 4. In another bowl, add the chia seed egg replacer and mix with hand mixer or stand mixer. Now pour in the sugar and continue to mix for a minute.
- 5. Now add vanilla extract and vegetable oil and mix.
- 6. On low speed, add half of flour mixture, beat, then add half of mylk mixture. Repeat until everything is combined and well mixed. Scrape down sides of the bowl too.
- 7. Now pour the batter into your cupcake pan with ice cream scoop or spoon and fill up the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- 8. Bake in your preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, use a toothpick, stick in the center of the cupcake, if it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- 9. Let cupcakes cool for a couple of minutes before you remove them from the pan. Let cool completely on a plate or wire rack.
- 10. When completely cooled, you can start frosting them.
For the easy peasy Chia Seed “Egg Replacer”:
3 TBSP of filtered water + 1 TBSP Chia Seeds Powder = 1 Egg
Please visit my blogpost about Decorating Cupcakes with Piping Tips for inspiration!
And in case you need that recipe more visual, here is my YouTube Video for this recipe:
Please subscribe to my channel if you want to see more videos!
Niner, I can’t wait to try these vegan vanilla cupcakes! They look perfect, and it’ll be so nice to have an alternative option!
Thanks for sharing!! xxoo
Ich hab die Cupcakes gerade mal mit glutenfreiem Mehl und Muscovado-Zucker ausprobiert! Sind super geworden, ich bin begeister!! Danke für das Rezept! :)
Hab dich auch gleich mal auf dem entsprechenden Instagram Foto verlinkt. ;)